[Soekris] Board dimensions

Seth Rothenberg seth at pachai.net
Tue Jan 4 00:10:24 UTC 2005

> I'd be interested in a case for my net4801 that would allow access to
> the CF card without having to take the case apart. Any chance of that?

I agree with the CF-access port.
Perhaps it could be done with a removable plug.
Be default, it is in.  If you need access,
it can be removed.  Perhaps then need a cover on
the outside for that setup.

With a slick design, the same cover might be
reversible...non-removable mode vs. removable.

BTW, I had a PC that had a port on the back.
I actually had an IDE-CF adaptor accessible
from the back.  A philips screw held a cover in place.

As long as we are making suggestions, it would be
nice if the case could be assembled easily.

What I mean is, the grooves on the (45xx) case don't interlock
until it is almost closed (haven't seen 48xx case yet).

This means it takes more fingers to assemble than some
people have.   A couple different bends of the grooves
might do it.  I don't know if the board precludes such bends.

Of course, I realize that every change and/or option
adds either to the development or production cost....
Maybe simple punch-outs would be cheaper to produce.

Thanks
Seth