[Soekris] Temperature of a Net4801?

Farid Hajji farid.hajji at ob.kamp.net
Tue Apr 26 23:07:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:51:50AM +0800, Wai-Sun Chia wrote:
> Dear fellow Soekrisian :-)
> I suddenly the reason why I am getting 65C-70C temps on my 4801...
> It's because I was stress testing it.

[...]

> Did the NFS stress again, and true enough, temp went up to 70C!!!

That's still somewhat strange. I'm using one net4801 as an NFS server
for a small lab of diskless workstations (it does routing and firewalling
as well to the backbone). That server is not being as heavily stress-
tested as yours, yet that box still doesn't exceed 56C - 58C peak.
The workstations are being used as general purpose desktops; which also
includes compilations and other bursty as well as sustained NFS traffic.

> /wai-sun

-Farid.