[Soekris] vpn1401 not recognised (incorrect PCI Vendor ID?)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Apr 18 02:08:01 UTC 2005

Rogier Krieger wrote:

> out of a batch of five vpn1401 cards, I came accross a card that
> appears to have a different PCI vendor ID. This appears to be the
> cause of the card not being recognised by the OS (OpenBSD, both 3.6
> and -current).

Believe it or not, I have seen this happen just because a card is not
seated properly in the PCI slot... I'd say take care of the obvious
fixes first (re-seat, swap with a different card or into a different
unit, etc.). If none of those fix it, you'll either have to RMA it to
get the configuration *ROM on the board fixed, or modify your driver to
accept the bogus vendor ID.