[Soekris] Power consumption of 4526/4826

Cain Hopwood cain at epage.com.au
Tue Apr 12 01:59:43 UTC 2005

I'm running 2 4526's off a solar powered setup. Each has 2 Wireless cards in
it and they seem to use about 300mA each at 12.5V. That's based on the solar
regulator's stats.

I don't think the power of the wireless card makes much of a difference, one
has 200mw cards in it, and at 12V that is only 10mA. I haven't seen any big
difference in battery usage due to traffic. But I'm only probably putting 10
gig a month over them as that's my internet connection cap.

L&K Cain