[Soekris] I don't see the console

Vince Vielhaber vv-soekris at michvhf.com
Thu Apr 7 15:01:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Kiraly Istvan wrote:

> I'm a beginner trying to start a soekris net4521.
>
> I would like to connect through the serial console. I have it set to
> 19200-8-N-1
>
> I see the BIOS, then a line printed by LILO but then it switches to
> gibberish (hieroglyphs).
>
> Any idea what should I set to see normal characters?

Switch to 9600-n-8-1.  You'll have gibberish on the bios part but the
boot will be visible.  When I created my FreeBSD CFs I set the system
console to be 19200 to eliminate this problem.

Vince.
--
 Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com