[Soekris] Microdrive

William   william2003uofm at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:21:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

I used a 340MB IBM Microdrive with the Soekris net4501 for a short time
indoors. Eventually abandoned this as a solution for website storage as the
microdrive would power down after a few seconds of inactivity. Every time an
HTTP request would come in, 2 seconds would pass before the drive was ready
to read data. Was unable to find a fix for the power saving feature, went
back to flash. No problems with the drive though. Found the drive on Ebay
for $20..

--
William