[Soekris] Audio for net452x??

Tim Donahue tdonahue at haynes-group.com
Wed Sep 8 20:19:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 15:53, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <1094669276.413f53dc3d0e6 at dracosplace.com>, dan at dracosplace.com writ
> es:
> >Interested in finding an audio card for one of the net452x boards to make a
> >wireless audio system, that could connect to my sound system.
> >
> >If anyone knows of/used any please let me know. Thanks
> >
> >it would be used on a freebsd system
>
> I don't know for sure about FreeBSD support, but I'd probably put in a
> cardbus/USB adapter and use a USB audio card.

I do not use FreeBSD very often, however I did find this by a quick
google search

http://www.faqchest.com/linux/freeBSD/fbsd-04/fbsd-0408/fbsd-040834/fbsd04082103_06136.html

Also, remember that the power that you have available to you on the
soekris is fairly limited, so your best bet would probably be to use a
card that supports an external power source.

Tim Donahue