[Soekris] soekris boxes & linux

John P. Looney valen at tuatha.org
Thu Sep 2 12:15:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:05:05PM +0100, Tim Barker mentioned:
> Hi John,
>
> The Soekris boxes see the CF disk as hda not sda. You need to change
> /dev/sda to /dev/hda in lilo.conf and run lilo again.
>
> Note that you will need to run lilo with a chroot command (chroot
> /mnt/cf lilo -C lilo.conf) as per the pebble.README.

 As it mentioned in the comments of the lilo.conf, my flash writer (which
I'm using to write to the flash card in the first place) does use /dev/sda
as the CF disk.

> > # My CF writer is /dev/sda
> > boot = /dev/sda
> > disk = /dev/sda
> >   bios = 0x80

 Also,

> > image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26-pebble
> >         root = /dev/hda1
> >         append="console=ttyS0,38400n8"
> >         label = 2.4.26
> >         read-only

 I'm specifying the root device there as /dev/hda1. Thanks for the
attempt though!

John