[Soekris] Has anyone ever gotten m0n0Wall loaded on the Soekris net4526-30?

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Sat Oct 30 17:17:38 UTC 2004

--On 30 October 2004 11:24 -0500 David Witten <wittend at wwrinc.com>
wrote:

> Well, at this point I can get everything loaded, write a copy of
> the image  file to the flash either via  Web or using exec.php/dd,
> but if I disable the PCIBIOS setting in the combios  it says that
> there is no bootable device.

m0n0wall preserves existing config; in doing this perhaps it doesn't
rewrite the partition table.

I don't know whether exec.php/dd would be expected to work: if
m0n0wall has the flash mounted and securelevel is set at 1 or higher,
you won't have raw device access to the CF.

Have you tried the method I worked out for you via flashboot yet? It
worked very smoothly when I tried it.