[Soekris] m0n0wall alternatives?

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Thu Oct 28 23:01:20 UTC 2004

David Young wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:34:56PM -1000, Jim Thompson wrote:
>
>>David Young wrote:
>>
>>>m0n0wall is a gorgeous web configurator.  I need something just like
>>>it, but more lightweight.  That is, I am looking for a Web-based router
>>>configurator for BSD, implemented in C or Bourne shell---no PHP/PERL,
>>>please.  Is there any such thing in open source?
>>>
>>>Dave
>>
>>There are several Cisco IOS-like shells such as nsh
>>
>>http://www.nmedia.net/~chris/nsh/
>

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for the pointer, but the key word is *web*. :-)

Yeah, sorry, I missed that.

You could always hack in the olde Cisco hack where

GET /show/interface/all HTTP/1.0

does the appropriate thing, maybe even with some pretty tags inserted on
output.  Incomplete commands are an EZ hack from there.  You've got the
command tree already.

Probably requires gluing a HTTP listener into the side of nsh.