[Soekris] apply power twice to boot 4801?

Michael Mee mm2001 at pobox.com
Thu Oct 21 02:09:12 UTC 2004

I just got my first 4801 and its a wonderful thing.... however....

I can't get it to boot unless I apply power once, remove the power and then
re-apply the power. The first time I get lights (notably the red reset
light), but never anything on the serial console. Remove power, count
quickly to five, re-apply power and everything works as expected.

As this box will sometimes lose power (on city mains with a 2 hr UPS, but
its lost power three times in the last 12 months), I'd hate to have to visit
the box to get it to boot again.

Any tips?

thx! michael