[Soekris] Sangoma DSL - Soekris Howto for Linux
msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Nov 19 12:54:24 UTC 2004
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, john wright wrote:
> I have now a Soekris net4801 and a Sangoma PCI board and driver package
> from sangoma's ftp site i need some pointers, welinks or howto document
> on howto integrate this with soekris. I use Linux kernel on the Soekris
I've used a Sangaom S518 with a net4801. The basic process is:
- use their setup script to create a wanpipe1.conf on another system
- copy wan_adsl.list too, if you are using PPPoA
- use their setup script to compile the open source parts of the driver
and link to the binary ADSL modules
- copy all modules, wanconfig, wanpipemon
- modprobe wanpipe
- run "wanconfig card "$card" start -a /etc/wanpipe/wan_adsl.list"
where $card is wanpipe1, if you are using PPPoA
- otherwise just "wanconfig card $card start"
- ifconfig your interface up and it will start trying to connect
If you are using PPPoE, tell pppd to start connecting on that interface.
For PPPoA it should take care of itself - the authentication is handled by
More information about the Soekris-tech