[Soekris] Is anyone having trouble with 128MB CF's?

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Sat Jun 26 11:07:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, John Smith wrote:

> > I have great problems with getting some 128MB SanDisk CF's to work.
> > When I load m0n0wall on them FreeBSD rightly detects the geometry,
> > same as bios does, but it panics right after the detection of the
> > disk during boot.
>
> Booted my brandnew 4801 from a brandnew SanDisk 128MB this week.

Do check your bootloaders and/or search for "dirk luigi boot" on google.

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2003-May/000640.html

which was merged at some point into FreeBSD 5.x. Most low cost cards you
get in the netherlands need those patches now. Including, and that is new,
some of the supposedly premium brands like SanDisk.

Dw.