[Soekris] net4801 console port damaged?

Didier Wiroth didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Sat Aug 7 13:03:54 UTC 2004

The problem reappears after some while, it starts after 5-10 minutes when box is closed.

The test was made with an another power supply and the vpn removed.

See here, from one second to another the display is corrupted:
# ping 172.16.43.1
PING 172.16.43.1 (172.16.43.1): 56 data bytes
m-o 172—L³‰šrŽ†¥¹Íñ‡Ñ¥ÍÑ¥Íµµ·7)ÉŁÁ‡­·Ñ́ÑÉ…¹Í·§ÑÑ•‘±ÁƒÁ
­•ñρ˗—¥Û•‘±ƒÇ…lìclear¯•óƒ±¿ÍÍui7þ
drwxm---m-```4 voot

May be the power supply is not enough when both vpn card and hd are connected, that would explain the sudden reboots that happened a few times.

But there the display problem is another problem, which one, hmm really don't know....