[Soekris] MBR gets corrupted

Jason Romo jromo at networkguardian.net
Thu Apr 1 14:37:33 UTC 2004

Has anyone else experienced the MBR corrupting.  If I crash the box hard
lilo corrupts.  When booting the box it looks normal LILO: , then I press
enter or type the image to boot.  And I get 00 00 00 00 00.....  And the box
never does anything but print 00¹s to the screen.

I haven¹t been able to reproduce this in a lab.  It happened  on servers
that are in production. I can repair it by just mounting the CF card in a
box and running lilo again.  The partitions are not currupt.

Any clues?

Jason