[Soekris] recommended linux mini-PCI card?

Vince Vielhaber vv-soekris at michvhf.com
Fri Oct 31 15:10:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Scott Every wrote:

> Any recommendations for an MPI card which would work in the 4511 and
> 4521 boards running linux 2.4.22?
> Tried a Cisco Aironet 350, the driver would see the card, but would not
> send packets.
>
> thoughts?
> anyone doing this?
>
> preferably it would have external antenna ports and 100mw or higher.

Try the 802.11b minipci card here:  http://www.netgate.com/ordershort.html
It's the only one I've tried that works with both FreeBSD and Linux and is
reliable.  I have an orinoco that won't work in a pci to 4port minipci
adapter under either OS although it worked in a 4511, so I don't consider
it reliable.

Vince.
--
 Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/