[Soekris] Booting from USB cdrom?

Jason Romo jromo at networkguardian.net
Fri Oct 24 07:06:40 UTC 2003

Okay I am using a hard drive 20 - 80 gig hard drive.  I have about 1.3 GIG
of os and software on the development system.  I need to find an easy way to
create a ghost,dd image of the box via the network or external DVD burner
(usb). The final size will be about 500MB. We currently use ghost over a
network for 1u servers and laptops.  I thought I might be able to create a
compact flash image that would load ghost and the usb drivers and away I
could go.  Or I would load an image that would allow me to backup/load the
hard drive from the network.  If the device will run dos, I think it can be
done.  Has any one tried? I know you have to change a few things on the
ghost cd to mount a samba drive on Linux.  I have this information if anyone
needs it.

I hope this clears up what I am trying to do.

Any ideas! I am willing to help and share anything I can get working.  A
fast deployment/backup method could help us all.  Maybe this will be a
chance to work on some good old dos

Thanks,
Jason