[Soekris] Flash Disk install

Tim Hedges i2wild at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 00:01:57 UTC 2003

                                  Well.. I tried Openbsd-3.3 and 3.4 and the
method that uses win to write the image.  Still, same results.  "Using
Drive: 0 Partition: 3 reading boot      Read error"  or "1 Seconds to
automatic boot.      Read error"  I am going to build the entire source tree
for 3.4 to make sure I have the newest bootloader.  I originally built the
kernel from the -current src/sys tree.  I want to thank everyone for all the
replies and suggestions.  I am trying each and every one of them except I
have still not finished PXE boot method other than setting up most of the
environment and getting the soekris board to start to load pxeboot.  I am
not real interested in Freebsd or Linux for a firewall.  I like both but I
have other uses for them. The only thing I notice that seems a bit out of
line is the fact that regardless of what I use (OpenSoekris, flashdist,
physwrite) They all give 980/8/32 122Mbyte as opposed to 980-8-32 125Mbyte
reported by Soekris bios. I will try 3.4 with a new source tree build on
both flash disk and a notebook drive (that actually attempts to uncompress
the kernel with 3.3) and will work more on PXE with freebsd-5.1 RELEASE
(note.. there is no cable select setting on the notebook drive).