[Soekris] How can I get a signal to the outside world?

Yann Ramin atrus at atrustrivalie.org
Mon Oct 6 16:03:40 UTC 2003

I don't know if the error LED can source enough current to run a relay,
but if you were to place any random NPN transistor before a relay (tied to
the Soekris' +5VDC), you should be able to pull this off.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=500200&item=RLY-623&type=store

Is a +3VDC relay. There are quite a few +5VDC ones for not much money on
AllElectronics.

And maybe when lightning strikes, you light up one of these:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=360&item=FSH-5&type=store

Or maybe not. :)