[Soekris] Additional mini-PCI slots

John Tully tully at mikrotik.com
Thu Oct 2 02:47:56 UTC 2003

The RouterBOARD 14 -- four port minipci to pci adapter -- can be set up to
use only 3.3v power from the pci slot.  If you are a good solderer, the
instructions are printed on the silkscreen on the board.  Otherwise, you
can order it set up for 3.3v only power from the PCI slot.  Keep in mind
that the minipci standard allows up to 2W for each slot.  So, four ports
would be 8W if they were all going full blast.  I don't think the 4501
could support that -- probably the 4801 can.

John