[Soekris] VPN1201 - free for OS developer

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Wed Nov 26 18:03:38 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 01:56 am, neal rauhauser wrote:
>    I have a spare VPN1201 I bought for eval purposes - FBSD support
> stinks in 4.8/4.9 & 5.1 and it wouldn't work at all with any of my
> hardware, but works just fine with an out of the box OBSD 3.3
> installation. My actual deploys are going to be NET4511, some with
> VPN1211, so this thing is just a small, ineffective paperweight for me now.

Funny, you've said this several places but provided no details.  I've seen no
issues with the vnp1201 cards I've got.  In all my (published) benchmarks
fbsd outperforms obsd on crypto and ipsec performance by 30-100%.

>    I've offered it to donations at freebsd.org and go no response - figured
> I might get better results here. If you're a genuine kernel crypto
> contributor for any of the BSD projects or Linux and you're interested
> shoot me a note. There is a DHL office just down the road so
> international shipping would not be a problem.

Odd again, I know at least one person that requested the card.  Are you
perhaps just trolling?

	Sam