[Soekris] wd100 watchdog on Soekris 4801

Tim Gardner timg at tpi.com
Fri Nov 21 22:51:10 UTC 2003

Kianusch,

What is the secret to getting the SC1100 watchdog to do something? I have
verified that the driver is stroking registers when you write something to
/dev/watchdog, e.g.,

echo "1" > /dev/watchdog

The unit should reboot shortly thereafter. I've been through the SC100
programmer reference and can find nothing wrong with the driver code. I'm
using a stock 2.4.22 kernel with the Net4801 patch applied (PCI bus scan,
Geode processor selection, and wd100 watchdog driver).

Any hints would be appreciated.
Tim Gardner - timg at tpi.com
www.tpi.com 406-443-5357