[Soekris] write protection

Denis Fortin fortin at acm.org
Wed Nov 19 04:43:13 UTC 2003

> So... does anybody know of either (a) a line of CF cards with physical
> write-protect switches, or (b) an adapter (which would have to contain
> significant electronics) to plug an SD card into a CF slot?  Both should
> be technologically possible, but a quick look around didn't find either.

I seemed to recall people mentioning SD->CF adapters recently, so Googling
for "adapter CF SD" brought back such things as:

    http://virology-online.com/Products/4in1CF.htm
    http://www.mittoni.com/securedigital/adapter.html
    http://usa.sdcard.com/Consumer_Preview_Catalog_2Col.asp?CategoryID=13
    http://www.flashreaders.com/sd-cf-adapter.html

one issue being that some adapters don't fit 100% the CF card form factor,
so I'm not sure whether they would fit for your application...  However,
Panasonic has made a small CF card-sized adapter that look very good.  See:

    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=110586
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1052753685.html  (article on the
Minolta adapter, which is probably just a Panasonic with a label)

so I think that it's possible to use a SD card...

Good luck,

Denis F.