[Soekris] cf write and boot issues, sandisk imagemate

Lawrence Teo lteo_list at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 18:27:48 UTC 2003

Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
>Interestingly, I took my 256 MB CF stick back and traded it in for a 128
>MB capacity unit. OpenSoekris now writes correctly to the CF and my
>net4521 correctly boots from it. I have no need to boot with sd0 present,
>I can simply attach/detach and insert/remove as often as I please on an
>already booted system just fine. So that's good.
>
>My only thought is that the 256 MB section I inserted into the scripts may
>have defined a bad geometry or something, but I can't figure that that
>would have caused the trouble it did. Any other ideas?
>
>As it is now, 128 MB should leave me enough room to do whatever I need to
>;)

Great to know that you've got it working.

I should've mentioned earlier that the CVS version of OpenSoekris does have
256MB CF card geometry defined in opensoekris.sh. The COUNT variable (I
think COUNT = total sectors) is defined as 501760 -- which matches what you
specified in your original post to the list, so I'm not sure why it didn't
work for you like it should.

Lawrence