[Soekris] FW: Ethernet interfaces disapear?

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Nov 16 06:47:19 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 11:15:15PM -0500, Chris Puccio wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	I just bought a Dlink DWL-520 PCI card to shove in my
> soekris 4501 as an
> AP and looks like once the card is present, all the ethernet (sis0-2)
> devices are no longer visable during bootup, and neither is the wi
> device.. iv got the kernel configure for the wi pci device, and of course
> the onboard ethernets.

Maybe the combination of the DWL-520 and the 4501 draw more power than
you supply?

BTW, if the DWL-520 is new, it probably contains an ADMtek or Realtek
chip. I wrote an ADMtek driver for NetBSD called atw, but it does not
support hostap mode, and ADMtek tells me the chipset doesn't have AP
capability. =(

Dave