[Soekris] Need a kernel for 4801

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 11 12:50:22 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 02:49:43PM -0600, Falcor wrote:
> I would like to use my 4801 as a fireall.  Would love to use M0n0wall,
> but they have not recieved a unit to compile a kernel with yet.  What
> kernel are the rest of you running, and does anyone have a source
> (Website, ftp, etc) for a good BSD kernel for the 4801?  I don't have a
> bsd server in the house, so I have no way of compiling my own right now.

I just took the 45xx kernel and:

  1.  Change the 'cpu' from I486_CPU to I586_CPU

  2.  Remove the CLK_USE_I8254_CALIBRATION and CPU_ELAN options

I haven't stress tested this yet, because I'm still trying to get
m0n0wall booting using NFS for the root filesystem instead of the
filesystem image, and haven't worked out the particular voodoo necessary
to do this.

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \ ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/_)