[Soekris] 4801 and 802.11b / IPSec

Mike Wolman mike at nux.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 20:10:33 UTC 2003

Hi Walter,

I have got a 4801 openbsd 3.4 wireless AP setup with the
802.11b simple kit from www.netgate.com, with all traffic
through ipsec.

Copying a file from a windows laptop (via wifi to the 4801) to a server
(connected via a hub to the 4801) i get about 200 kb/s with the 4801's cpu
maxing out under top.

Its a bit annoying for large files but for browsing and normal
document opening/closing it is fine.

I plan to get a the pci version of the encryption card as the mini
pci slot is filled with the wifi card - does anybody know if the VPN1201
(pci version) will fit in the 4801 case?

Mike.