[Soekris] 4801 and 802.11b / IPSec

Walter Wickersham wwickersham at printinc.com
Mon Nov 10 19:24:06 UTC 2003

Just curious if anyone here has done two things..

Done any testing (speed, mbit/sec.) using a ipsec tunnel between two net4801's

And... If anybody has done the above using a 802.11b(or other) wireless link between the two 4801's, and what speeds they got during testing.

I need to assist in implementing a wireless link between two buildings, Must be over an IPsec encyrpted tunnel, and looking for the best solution.  I would use net4501's, but the most I get from those in testing (using a crossover cable) using a ipsec tunnel is about 3mbit/sec(without the vpn1211 card before you all ask).

Walter Wickersham