[Soekris] Beyond WEP: LEAP, TKIP or CCMP support in BSD?

Chuck Yerkes chuck+soekris at 2003.snew.com
Mon May 19 01:18:44 UTC 2003

I was gonna ask this on the BSD lists, but it's really about
running on the Soekris' and people here have their fingers in
these sorts of projects.

I've been running in-house wireless for quite some time.
Moved from an Airport to a Soekris.  The Soekris has a pair
of wireless cards as my neighbor, a ham, is quite actively
wirelessing up our neighborhood with plans to hit the whole
Bay area (awesome line of sight).

My question is if OpenBSD (or anyBSD) is able to run
LEAP, TKIP or CCMP to join these networks.

As much as I love proprietary boxes like the Ciscos, there's
something about a box that can run IPSec and wireless AND can be
a shell machine for me that I like a lot.

I'd run Linux if I had to, but really prefer the solidity
of the BSDs (and the handiness of /usr/ports/).

Thanks,

chuck