[Soekris] net4501: BIOS provided switch for Error LED "ON" (fwd)

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Wed May 7 09:49:11 UTC 2003

Soren,

While you are hacking the BIOS; I am note sure if you have followed the
exchange between Luigi and me with respect to the boot sector reading and
the BIOS:

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2003-May/000636.html
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2003-May/000638.html
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2003-May/000639.html

with a summary

	http://webfolder.wleiden.webweaving.org/apacer-flash/

In short - it would be nice if the BIOS could do something like scale back
to -one-sector-at-a-time- if it finds that reading more than one gives an
error. This to accomodate for flash cards which are not smart enough.
Unfortunately the latter is becoming increasingly common (at least in
Europe) - and virtually undistinghisbale at procurement time.

Thanks,

Dw