[Soekris] PCI net4501 question

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Wed Jul 30 22:55:48 UTC 2003

This is my first post to this list.

I have a couple of PCI cisco aironet 340 cards and would like to know if
one will work in a net 4501. I think the model is AIR-PCI340 - sorry the
box is at home.

As I understand it from looking at the docs and perusing this list's
archives, the pci slot will supply 5v _power_ , but the _signalling_ is
3.3 v.

I cannot work out if this cisco card has 5v or 3.3v signalling. There is
no mention of the signalling voltage in the specs on line or in the box.
The power supply is certainly 5v, but no mention of signalling anywhere.
Furthermore there is no mention of the version of the PCI standard that
it complies to.

I see mention of a "key" (presumably on the edge connector) if it uses
3.3 v signalling, but I am not sure what to look for.

I usually leave my full sig off mailing list posts, but I will leave it
on this time so you can see I am not overly hardware technical (although
software wise I can do lots with Open Source - kind of a hobby :-).
--
Nick Rout
Barrister & Solicitor
nick at rout.co.nz