[Soekris] 4501 doesn't boot

Chuck Yerkes chuck+soekris at 2003.snew.com
Wed Jul 30 17:16:59 UTC 2003

Quoting Happy-Connect (ivanling at happy-connect.com):
> Hi Punky,
>
> I have exactly the same experience with a net4511 board. After
> unplugging/plugging the 5Volt power supply a number of times the board

Um what 5 Volt Power Supply?

I've got a 12V PS in one (swiped from a netgear box) and another
larger (24V) one for PoE.

Also "heat" is expected in Ethernet drivers.  Very hot is also
expected, while being extremely subjective.

Raising blisters on the skin is usually "too hot", but
"ouch" is not.  Depending on your tolerance.
Numeric measurements of "hot" would be more useful.

Can you give it 12V at 1AMP or more on the little power plug?