[Soekris] Case for the 4501 with a PCI cutout

Brynjar Hauksson bh at nt.is
Tue Jul 29 13:38:59 UTC 2003

Hi,

I was just looking at the drawings of the 4501 case:

http://www.soekris.com/Manuals/net4501_box_85.pdf

There seems to be no hole/cutout for the connectors of the PCI board.  I would imagine that this was a bit common feature so are there any cases that have this?  Where to get them?  How much do they cost?

I'm building a few wireless access points (nocat/pebble) and I think using the 4501 with a standard PCI card is the cheapest solution for this and the easiest too.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise, what is the cheapest way to build a wireless router with the Soekris?

Best regards

Brynjar H