[Soekris] Re: Can we run Soekris through 12v battery

Arent Kits van Heijningen[106016.3614] kitsvh at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 27 10:06:20 UTC 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:59:19 -0400 (EDT)
ankur.j at media.mit.edu wrote :

>>I have to configure - xmodem, ymodem etc. The soekris is refusing the modem
connections and then I am not able to transfer the files. Other alternative
is to configure the wireless card using serial connection. Then ssh into the
machine using my laptop and then use Putty. But I need to know how to
transfer the files over serial port.<<

Binary transfers over RS-232 require that rzsz ( for x , y , or z-modem
transfers ) , Kermit ( for both terminal emulation and filetransfers ) and/or
pppd is installed and working on your Soekris
Also recommended are Lynx , Pine and Pico for Web , mail , editing and file
management
Using these you can get the  files you need directly from a remote server

If you can get ppp running over the serial port , then your options include
ftp/scp and telnet/ssh to access the box

Hope this helps