[Soekris] 5V Telephony cards on the 4801

Soren Kristensen soren at soekris.com
Sat Jul 26 19:53:50 UTC 2003

Hi Matt & Everyone,

Matt Darnell wrote:

> Aloha I have a telephony card that take 450mA @ 5V does anyone know if
> there is a way to get that to work on the 4801?
>
> I see that it has one 3.3V slot.  It looks like a make connector, do you
> use a female to female adapter to plug a card in?
> Aloha,
> Matt

The first production batch net4801 has the same white PCI connecter as
the net4501, it just wasn't on the prototype in the picture. Later on a
2 slot adapter will be available, to match a board with just the PCB edge.

The slot is still 3.3V signaling, but now has the full complement of
3.3V, 5V and +-12V power, and should therefore support most PCI 2.3
boards as long as the system's (in the std case with external power
supply) total power budget of 15W don't get exceeded.

Regards,

Soren