[Soekris] net4501 reset under high packet load

Roger Weeks rjw at sonic.net
Sat Jul 26 04:31:40 UTC 2003

Here's what my colleague says:

I have a wet11 with a 19 dbi dish on my end and Ron has a Soekris with a
15.5 dbi panel pointed at me.  I use iperf to generate a maximum speed tcp
workload from my Laptop (thru the wet11) to Ron -- client on my side and
server on Ron's.  At the same time I run a maximum speed tcp workload from
Ron to my laptop -- client side on Ron's and server on mine.  These two
concurrent steams of traffic will cause the Soekris to crash in about 5
minutes.

Roger Weeks