[Soekris] Can we run Soekris through 12v battery

Henry Spencer henry at spsystems.net
Fri Jul 25 13:51:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 ankur.j at media.mit.edu wrote:
> I want to connect the soekris with the 12v battery of my car. I wanted to
> know, can soekris run through the car battery when other electric appliances
> in the car is also sharing the same battery...

In principle, yes.  In practice, you *don't* want to just hook your Soekris
up to your car's electrical system.  Car electrical systems are extremely
noisy, and are notorious for huge voltage spikes and other problems.
Electronic devices which are not designed for that environment will not
last long without quite extensive power filtering.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry at spsystems.net