[Soekris] Atheros

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Tue Jul 22 23:49:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 16:41, David Young wrote:

>   I read a paper that told how the 802.11 MAC was unusual in that goodput
>   peaks and then *declines* with increasing load. Goodput in an ethernet
>   just levels off.

Goodput? is that anything like throughput?  Because the throughput of
ethernet does decline if bus utilization exceeds a certain point.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto