[Soekris] Cost effective embedded solutions

Yunsen Wang yunsen at netridge.com
Fri Jul 18 18:11:25 UTC 2003

Hi Christopher,
The 486 integrated CPU is more expensive than integrated MIPS or ARM, a
MIPS based
embedded system would be more cost effective. But as you said, quantity
is the key, but
it might be still possible to find some vendors in Taiwan or Asia that
can provide similar to LinkSys
hardware at a little higher price with smaller quantity. I'm looking for
that too and may travel to Taiwan to attend Computex. I could share
these info if I find something.
BTW, you mentioned Linksys did recently provide source and Dell has also
done so although
it's the wrong source.
Are there any mailing list or web site that is dedicated to these
activities ?
Thanks
Yunsen