[Soekris] PXE doesn't function on Net4501 / BIOS v1.15

Cliff Skolnick cliff at steam.com
Sat Jul 12 00:12:22 UTC 2003

In most cases you will be better off disabling spanning tree.  When an
interface goes down with spanning tree enabled (and configured for slow
start) it may be a minute or two until traffic will pass.  During the
boot process of the kernel it is not uncommon for the interface to be
reset and cause a short outage in the middle of the boot process.

Ciscos also take time to auto-negotiate, you might need to lock the
interface to a data rate for the same reason.

Cheers,
Cliff

--
"The foundation of morality should not be made dependent on myth nor
tied to any authority lest doubt about the myth or about the legitimacy