[Soekris] 4501 wireless

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Sun Jul 6 23:37:54 UTC 2003

M. Warner Losh writes:
> In message: <20030706033408.GA3430 at snew.com>
>             Chuck Yerkes <chuck+soekris at 2003.snew.com> writes:
> : 802.11g support is about 8 days old for BSD, and I'm not sure how
> : many cards that use the chipset.
>
> All cards that support a and g use it, according to reports...  Most
> (all?)  of the 'g' or 'b/g' cards aren't atheros...
>
> Warner

There are several 'b/g' chipsets on the market.  Most of what you'll
find out there is Broadcom-based, and they're not releasing sufficient
details to get a driver running.

For Atheros cards, I could recommend one or more vendors, but that would
be.. commercial.  :-)

Jim

--
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure."
			-- Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)