[Soekris] Powering the net4521 on a moving vehicle

Yann Ramin atrus at atrustrivalie.org
Fri Feb 28 22:00:28 UTC 2003

The Soekris boxes all run off of +12V or greater, so wiring it to a
vehicle should not be a big problem. A cigarette lighter adapter and a
plug that fits into the back of the soekris is all you really need
(needs to be 12V+, so no voltage conversion should be preformed in the
adapter). You may want to look into a fuse, and possibly some over/under
voltage cutoff circuit if your vehicle doesn't have a stable electrical
system. I also wouldn't suggest having it powered while starting the
vehicle either, but once its running or sitting everything should be
fine.

Yann Ramin		atrus at atrustrivalie.org
Atrus Trivalie Productions
Jabber: atrus at confrence.bristomath.com
AIM: oddAtrus, Bristomath
www.atrustrivalie.org

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?"
Key ID:  B790A0EC
Fingerprint:
3E2F FFBC B244 BFF6 C089 7AE3 940D 1037 B790 A0EC