[Soekris] Battery Backup/UPS on Soekris 4521

Anthony Wright anthony at overnetdata.com
Fri Feb 28 11:44:02 UTC 2003

I'm looking to use some soekris equipment for a fixed wireless link and I
would like it be able to survive short power outages. The obvious thing
would be to get hold of a standard mains UPS, but given I have easy access
to the low voltage DC side of the power supply I suspect there may be a
more efficient way of doing this. Does anybody have any experience of this
and if so could they recommend any (reasonably cheap) equipment.

It needs to be able to survive a minimum of 10-15 minutes of no main power
(a few hours would be much nicer), and if possible provide some way of
informing the board that it's running on battery rather than mains power so
that I can do something about it.

Thanks,

Tony Wright.