[Soekris] Re: soekris-tech digest, Vol 1 #65 - 4 msgs

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Thu Feb 27 23:15:21 UTC 2003

M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20030227221813.GB10128 at eeyore.37.spacehopper.org>
>             Stuart Henderson <stu at spacehopper.org> writes:
> : > I have some FreeBSD and OpenBSD boxes running, but I'm afraid I don't
> : > know how to make the FAT partitions using them.
> :
> : fdisk(8) or you might get somewhere with FreeBSD's /stand/sysinstall
> : (using W to write rather than following the normal installation method).
>
> I routinely use fdisk -I to initialize the disk.  It works for boot
> purposes in CF <-> pcmcia adapter, but not in a USB CF reader.

FWIW, the FreeBSD USB ATA support seems a bit flaky anyway, spurious
write errors are pretty common (O(hours)).

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse at isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute