[Soekris] Booting Soekris from Linux....can we have a real stripped distro

Trevor Warren trevor.w at media.mit.edu
Sun Feb 23 07:40:31 UTC 2003

These hacked kernels would be code with a lot of fine-tuning as
perceived from RH's end.

Off later RH has issues more than 2 Critical Kernel updates for its
2.4xx series. But then those were against Critical CERT warning for the
kernel in general.

A distro like the Familiar which i run on my test ipaq h3850 would
definitely go a long way in enhancing the usability of the hardware with
gnu-linux. With its lovely package manager and fundu way of updating
code on the device keeping in sync with updates becomes a lot more
easier.

This was just a suggestion.....hope someone takes up to the idea. I am
willing to pitch in with any help needed.

Have a nice day all.

Trevor