[Soekris] Running Debian on Soekris!.....gnu-linux dhcp issue..???

felix schmid felix at belugalounge.net
Sat Feb 22 17:46:15 UTC 2003

Trevor,

as far as I know DHCP works only if you supply the 'filename' parameter in
dhcpd.conf.
There is no error displayed to inform you about this, however if you try
sniffing the network
might see something...The pxe boot-menu doesn't work for me either, don't
know why. I have
read several howto's dealing with net4501 and pxe (including boot menu),
but it doesn't work
in my setup, no idea why.

I am running RH8; shipped dhcpd and tftp work fine.

regards,
felix