[Soekris] can't boot cf with debian on it nor over DHCP

Trevor Warren trevor.w at media.mit.edu
Sat Feb 22 16:26:26 UTC 2003

Hello all,

 Just need a little input from you all. At the lab we have two of the
Soekris Net4521 boxes. I have 512 MB of CF on which i have dumped the
Debian rootfs tarball.

 Also i mounted the cf on /mnt/flash on me laptop and chrooted into the
dir and ran "lilo -v -b /dev/hde".

 But on inserting the flash into the Soekris box the box just doesn't
boot. I get an error like....L 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 0" and it just halts.

 Besides when i booted the machine over the network with a DHCP server
dishing out addresses it just doesn't seem to find the DHCP server while
all the other machines on my n/w get the config.

 Any pointers from you are highly appreciated.

Trevor