[Soekris] A/D convertor on 4521

Duncan, Johnathan E DuncanJ at BATTELLE.ORG
Tue Feb 18 16:57:07 UTC 2003

Some chips you may be interested in:

The ADC0831 8-bit serial IO A/D converter IC (8 Pin DIP package)
[Datasheets: http://www.national.com/pf/AD/ADC0831.html ]

The LTC1298 12-bit dual channel A/D converter IC
[Datasheets:  _PDF_FILE_  http://www.electronicas.com/donfiles/ltc1298.pdf ]

Both can be purchased from
http://www.parallaxinc.com/html_pages/products/componentshop/integrated_circ
uits.asp

Just the first URL I had handy.  I'm sure you can find them else where,
hopefully at better prices.
At the above URL the adc0831 is $6 and the ltc1298 is $10.50 (USD)

The documentation at least will let you know if this is the right type of
chip you want.