[Soekris] Success with SD card (via CF adaptor) in Net4501?

Henry Spencer henry at spsystems.net
Mon Dec 29 17:28:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Eric House wrote:
> ...I've seen people here suggest running an SD
> card (which has a write-protect tab) in the CF slot using an adapter,
> but have never seen anyone actually claim to be doing so successfully.

I was the one who raised the issue (most recently, at least).  I've done a
bit of experimenting (Minolta SD-CF1 adapter, SanDisk SD card) with mixed
results -- not everything that takes CF likes it -- but have not reported
yet because I haven't yet had a chance to try it in one of my 4501s.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry at spsystems.net