[Soekris] "wi0: wi_cmd failed with 60" on net4511 w/ OpenBSD -current

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Dec 24 17:04:55 UTC 2003

In message: <20031224162228.GE2718 at spoofed.org>
            Jon Hart <warchild at spoofed.org> writes:
: On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 07:15:19AM -0800, Jim Thompson wrote:
: > Its also possible that you've got a little bit of driver skew between
: > the two boxes, and that is the source of your trouble.
:
: I just double checked, and there is a slight difference between the wi
: code on the working OpenBSD box and the non-working soekris box.  The
: former is using if_wi.c version 1.101, and the latter is using if_wi.c
: version 1.102.  The difference between the two is a 4-line diff that is
: tweaking some of the WEP code, which I am not using.

The command timeouts can also happen when you don't wait long enough
for the command to finish, or when the card is in a wedged (or
semi-wedged) state.  Having said that, the 1.4.9 firmware should be
fast enough to not have to worry about these issues on boot.

Warner